Cisco Business 250 Series Smart Switches provide all of the features you need to create a basic enterprise-class network at an affordable price. These features include:
● Easy configuration and management: Cisco Business 250 Series switches are designed to be easy to deploy and use by small businesses or the partners that serve them:
◦ Cisco Business Dashboard is designed to manage Cisco Business switches, routers, and wireless access points. It lets you easily customize the interface and widgets to proactively manage your network. Cisco Business 250 Series switches support embedded probe for Cisco Business Dashboard, eliminating the need to set up a separate hardware or virtual machine on site. For more information, visit https://www.cisco.com/go/cbd.
◦ The Cisco Network Plug and Play solution provides a simple, secure, unified, and integrated offering to ease new device rollouts or for provisioning updates to an existing network. The solution provides a unified approach to provision Cisco routers, switches, and wireless devices with a near-zero-touch deployment experience.
◦ The redesigned modern web user interfaces reduce the time required to deploy, troubleshoot, and manage the network. Configuration wizards simplify the most common configuration tasks and provide the ultimate tool for anyone to set up and manage the network.
● Reliability and performance: Cisco Business 250 Series switches have been tested to deliver the high performance and reliability you would expect from a Cisco switch and help you prevent costly downtime. The switches speed file transfer times, improve slow and sluggish networks, keep your vital business applications available, and help your employees respond more quickly to customers and each other. With a network based on Cisco Business 250 Series switches, you can address all of your business communications and connectivity needs and reduce the total cost of ownership of your technology infrastructure. Cisco Business 250 Series switches also support 10 Gigabit Ethernet uplinks on select models, so you can build a high-performance and future-ready network to support your thriving business.
● Layer 3 static routing: This capability allows you to segment your network into separate workgroups and communicate across VLANs without degrading application performance. As a result, you can manage internal routing with your switches and dedicate your router to external traffic and security, helping your network run more efficiently.
● Power over Ethernet (PoE): Cisco Business 250 Series switches are available with PoE+ on Gigabit Ethernet models. This capability enables the deployment of IP telephony, wireless, video surveillance, and other solutions with just a single network cable, thereby eliminating the need for separate power supplies or cabling. PoE+ provides up to 30W of power per port, ideal for deployments of 802.11ac wireless access points, Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) IP cameras, videophones, and thin client devices, delivering more flexibility and investment protection.
● Network security: Cisco Business 250 Series switches provide the security and network management features you need to maintain a high level of security for your business, keep unauthorized users off the network, and protect your business data. The switches include integrated network security to reduce the risk of a security breach, with IEEE 802.1X port security to control access to your network, Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention to increase network uptime during an attack, and extensive Access Control Lists (ACLs) to protect sensitive portions of the network from unauthorized users and guard against network attacks.
● Flexible and compact design: The sleek and compact design provide additional deployment flexibility, including outside wiring closet installation such as retail stores, open plan offices, and classrooms without disturbing the environment.
● An energy-efficient solution: Cisco Business 250 Series switches are designed to be energy efficient and eco-friendly without compromising performance. They help conserve energy by optimizing power use, which helps protect the environment and lowers your energy costs. Power-saving features include:
◦ Support for the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring the amount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods
◦ Automatic power shutoff on ports when a link is down
◦ Fan-less design in most models, which reduces power consumption, increases reliability, and provides quieter operation
● Peace of mind and investment protection: Cisco Business 250 Series switches offer the reliable performance, investment protection, and peace of mind you expect from a Cisco switch. Complementary one-year access to our Small Business Support Center for ongoing support. Limited lifetime warranty with return to factory replacement keeps your business running smoothly
|Capacity in millions of packets per second (mpps) (64-byte packets)||14.88|
|Switching capacity in gigabits per second (Gbps)||20|
|Power dedicated to PoE||60W|
|Number of ports that support PoE||8|
|Total system ports||10 Gigabit Ethernet|
|RJ-45 ports||8 Gigabit Ethernet|
|Packet buffer||1.5 MB|
|Unit dimensions (W x D x H)||268 x 185 x 44 mm (10.56 x 7.28 x 1.73 in)|
|Layer 2 switching|
Support for up to 255 active VLANs simultaneously
Port-based and 802.1Q tag-based VLANs
Voice traffic is automatically assigned to a voice-specific VLAN and treated with appropriate levels of QoS. Voice Services Discovery Protocol (VSDP) delivers networkwide zero-touch deployment of voice endpoints and call control devices
|Layer 3 routing|
Wire-speed routing of IPv4 packets
Up to 32 static routes and up to 16 IP interfaces
|IPv6 routing||Wire-speed routing of IPv6 packets|
|Layer 3 interface||
Configuration of Layer 3 interface on physical port, LAG, VLAN interface, or loopback interface
|Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)||
SSL encrypts all HTTPS traffic, allowing secure access to the browser-based management GUI in the switch
|Secure Shell (SSH) Protocol||
SSH is a secure replacement for Telnet traffic. Secure Copy (SCP) also uses SSH. SSH v1 and v2 are supported.
|IEEE 802.1X (authenticator role)||
Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) authentication, guest VLAN, single/multiple host mode, and single/multiple sessions
|STP loopback guard||
Provides additional protection against Layer 2 forwarding loops (STP loops)
|Secure Core Technology (SCT)||
Ensures that the switch will receive and process management and protocol traffic no matter how much traffic is received
|Secure Sensitive Data (SSD)||
A mechanism to manage sensitive data (such as passwords, keys, and so on) securely on the switch, populating this data to other devices, and secure autoconfig. Access to view the sensitive data as plain text or encrypted is provided according to the user-configured access level and the access method of the user
Trustworthy systems provide a highly secure foundation for Cisco products
Run-time defenses (Executable Space Protection [X-Space], Address Space Layout Randomization [ASLR], Built-In Object Size Checking [BOSC])
Ability to lock source MAC addresses to ports and limit the number of learned MAC addresses
Supports RADIUS authentication for management access. Switch functions as a client.
|Storm control||Broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast|
|DoS prevention||Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack prevention|
|Multiple user privilege levels in CLI||Level 1, 7, and 15 privilege levels|
|Access Control Lists (ACLs)||
Support for up to 512 rules
Drop or rate limit based on source and destination MAC, VLAN ID or IPv4 or IPv6 address, IPv6 flow label, protocol, port, Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP)/IP precedence, TCP/UDP source and destination ports, 802.1p priority, Ethernet type, Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) packets, IGMP packets, TCP flag; ACL can be applied on both ingress and egress sides
Time-based ACLs supported
|CPU||800 MHz ARM|
100 to 240V 50 to 60 Hz, internal, universal: CBS250-16T-2G, CBS250-16P-2G, CBS250-24T-4G, CBS250-24PP-4G, CBS250-24P-4G, CBS250-24FP-4G, CBS250-48T-4G, CBS250-48PP-4G, CBS250-48P-4G, CBS250-24T-4X, CBS250-24P-4X, CBS250-24FP-4X, CBS250-48T-4X, CBS250-48P-4X
100 to 240V 50 to 60 Hz, external: CBS250-8T-D, CBS250-8PP-D, CBS250-8T-E-2G, CBS250-8PP-E-2G, CBS250-8P-E-2G, CBS250-8FP-E-2G
UL (UL 62368), CSA (CSA 22.2), CE mark, FCC Part 15 (CFR 47) Class A
32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) for CBS250-8T-D and CBS250-8PP-D
23° to 122°F (-5° to 50°C) for other models
|Storage temperature||-13° to 158°F (-25° to 70°C)|
|Operating humidity||10% to 90%, relative, noncondensing|
|Storage humidity||10% to 90%, relative, noncondensing|